Tuesday 7 February 2012

Movies of the year


            It's late evening here and I should be actually sleeping, but something made me write my Top 5 Films of the Year. Well, not something, but French "Leon", a film by Luc Besson.  I finished watching only some minutes ago and can confidently say - it belongs to the top-list. This year's generally been the year of French films, with one exception. What I like about them is a special ambiance, brought by play of light and shadow, perfectly suiting to every single moment music. They give a feeling of "enhanced" reality. So, here they are..



1. Intouchables (orig. Intouchables )


2. Labyrinth of words (orig. La Tête en friche )


3.The Fatherless (orig. Vaterlosen)


4.Léon: The Professional (orig. Léon)


5.The Names of Love (orig. Le Nom des gens)



Have you watched at least one of these films? Or you can probably recommend me a movie,you like a lot?
I'll be very glad to see your Top 5 Movies lists!

8 comments:

  1. Очень хочу The Names Of Love  посмотреть!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In which language did you watch those movies?=))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched all of them in German, of course. But they are also available in English and Leon even in Russian. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Он очень атмосферный! Думаю, тебе понравится!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I haven't seen any of these, with the exception of Léon.
    Hmmm. I've been kind of out of touch with movies for the past year or so. I did love The Darjeeling Limited. That was such a good film. And Rundkop which is a Belgian movie (and got nominated for the Oscars this year!! woot!).
    I highly recommend De Loft or when it comes out the remake (the original was Belgian, again) directed by the same director and with Matthias Schoenaerts as the only original cast member still in it. I think it's coming out this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I haven't seen any of yours! Thank you, I'll definetely take a look at them ;)
    There also might be a difference between which films get promoted in different countries. Or "Vaterlosen", for example, is an Austrian movie, I don't think, they even had it in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  7. я из твоих фаворитов только Леон и знаю.. с детства.. раз восемнадцать смотрела)). 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Это, на самом деле, только фильмы года. Вообще, их в разы больше. ))
    А про Леона мне всегда рассказывали, что он очень брутальный и я побаивалась разочароваться.
    Что у тебя еще в фаворитах?

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Le Tour du Monde