Thursday 31 May 2012

Go Lavender!

Lavender flowers and seeds
Last days, weeks and months brought many changes in my life. Keeping it short, above all I'm going to move into a new flat in about a month. I can't even tell you how happy it makes me. Just t in some weeks there'll be a piece of space for me alone and an opportunity to create my own little world in there. You can hardly find anything more inspiring than this.


 Последние дни, недели и месяцы привнесли много изменений в мою жизнь. Их них самое желаемое и значимое - переезд. Уже меньше, чем через месяц у меня будет место для меня одной, для воплощения желаний и создания своей "маленькой планеты" на планете большой. И мысли об этом очень вдохновляют.

Concentration tea with extract of ginkgo biloba and green tea with lemongrass
Today I did some pre-move shopping and even when my strategy is to get rid of all the cosmetic and food provisions, I broke the rules and bought 3 new tea sorts. As mentioned before,I normally owe from 9 to 12 sorts, but recently I took a look into the box and all my favourites were suddenly go-o-o-one. You can guess what happened afterwards? ;)

Сегодня у меня был небольшой пред-переездной шопинг и вопреки своей стратегии избавляться сейчас от всевозможных косметических и продуктовых запасов, пришлось нарушить правило и купить 3 новых сорта чая. Я уже когда-то упоминала, что обычно у меня шкафчике надодится от 9 до 12 разных сортов. Так вот, недавно заглянув туда, выяснилось, что большинства из них уже нет на месте. Думаю, понятно, чем дело закончилось... ;)

Lavender flowers
 I always find it very fascinating to try new sorts and to find new tastes and loving lavender in all its variations I chose this one without any doubts. But how curious it was to recognise afterwards that lavender is an incredibly versatile herb for cooking as well: it tastes a little bit bitter and reminds rosemary and mint at the same time. Besides it goes perfectly well with sweets, honey and chocolate. :) What a pity that I decided to cut the amount of sweets before opening beach season ;P 

Мне обычно очень интересно узнавать новые вкусы и пробовать новые продукты. Да и лаванду я люблю во всех ее проявлениях, так почему же не попробовать теперь на вкус? Придя домой и погуглив "цветки лаванды на вкус", оказалось, что это чрезвычайно полезная пряность, употребляемая на все лады. Ее описывают как "немного розмарина, немного мяты, чуть горьковатый" и используют особенно часто в десертах в сочетании с медом или шоколадом. Эх, жаль, что я на "почти-шоколадной диете"  перед открытием пляжного сезона. ;Р 
Об успокаивающих свойствам знают все, я думаю.


P.S. Drinking lavender tea I wouldn't say it tastes bitter or whatever. It tastes exactly how it smells. 


P.P.S. It going to rain, getting dark and windy. Sitting on my balcony, holding a cup of hot great-smelling-tea in my hands, listening to Ludovico Einaudi  I can' even find the words to tell how I appreciate the moment and how happy to live it now. :) Have a nice relaxing day! 


P.S. Попробовав чай, я не почувствовала "горечь" лаванды. Ее вкус - это точная проекция ее аромата.  


P.P.S.  У нас пасмурно и дождик собирается, дует ветер. Я сижу на балконе, держу эту чашку с горячим ароматным настоем лаванды, слушаю Ludovico Einaudi и мне так хорошо, черт побери. Чтоб этот момент длился вечность! Хорошего расслабленного дня! 


What things which have an extraordinary taste do you like? 

Что из необычного кажется вам приятным на вкус? 









1 comment:

Disqus for Le Tour du Monde